Provide direct and specialized technical support for the transportation department.
- Arrange the transportation for Potatoes sold by Wada Farms
- Negotiate rates on the trucks so that both may benefit from the relations we have made
- Get ETA on the pickup of each load
- Track the truck as it proceeds to the destination
- Communicate with the salesman informing them of any problems that may arise with on time delivery
- Collect and check bill of ladings to make sure the truck is getting paid according to the agreement
- Check the invoice after loading, to make sure everything is adjusted correctly according to what was loaded
- Enter in charges to track what was done with each load such as pallets and unloading
- Watch for invoices that may have a problems or differences from what the carrier has invoiced us for
- Find outside loads that our carriers can haul
- Find a carrier that can match up with that load
- Provide back hauls for our carriers hauling our loads
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.