2. Clean the potatoes under running water. Scrub to remove any dirt. Remember to keep the skin on the potato, do not peel.
3. so that the potatoes will lay flat in the skillet, slice a small layer off of one lengthwise side of the potato.
4. Begin to slice the potato "hasselback" style. Slicing the potato making each slice 1/8 inch apart. Make each slice 3/4 of the way down the potato (when it is laying flat) but do not complete the slice. Part must be intact to keep the potato whole.
5. Melt the butter. While the butter is melting you can dice the garlic. Smaller pieces of garlic will allow it to cook more thoroughly.
6. Once the butter is melted and the garlic is chopped mix them in the same bowl. Add the parsley, rosemary and thyme to the bowl.
7. Generously brush the skillet with the butter mixture, be sure to coat the potatoes inside of each slice as well as the outside. Save 1/3 of the butter mixture for basting while the potatoes are cooking.
8. Place the potatoes in the skillet, sprinkle both types of cheese around the potatoes. Add salt and pepper on top.
9. The potatoes should bake for 1 hour, while they are baking coat them every 15 minutes or so with the butter mixture. This will make them soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.