Category Partners, LLC is seeking a Strategic Business Analyst to work with our A-List of retail oriented clients to analyze and interpret large data sets and additional consumer and market research enabling our clients to provide solutions, address issues, and capitalize on opportunities for, and with, their key retail customers. In today’s world of “Big Data” there is no shortage of information, the challenge is to make the data meaningful and actionable for both our client base and retailers.
The successful candidate will be tasked with managing, interpreting and delivering large and disparate data sets and research to our clients through the use of visual analytics, that are then provided to our clients via our proprietary web portal, or other presentation formats.
The position reports to the CEO, and position is located in Idaho Falls, ID.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, option to participate in our 401(k) program and inclusion in our benefits program(s).
Education and Specific Qualifications:
- BS/BA/Computer Science Degree a plus
- Strong oral, written, presentation skills
- Computer literacy required o Experience with Tableau, Power BI or any other visual analytic tools
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with tools and software for data wrangling and preprocessing
- Ability to manage large databases
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Knowledge of MySQL or equivalent, and ability to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of the produce or retail supermarket industry a plus but not required
- Ability to meet tight time-line schedules with varied clients and client needs, strong work ethic